Do you support art in your community? We are a first-rate community museum, but we need your help to keep us that way.
Give to Cedarhurst and your gift will immediately be put to work inspiring people of all ages.
Here are just a few of the extraordinary programs you can choose to sponsor during the year:
- Fund our exhibition schedule, which highlights student, regional, and national artists;
- Encourage creativity through hands-on classes at the Shrode Art Center. Help us provide quality instruction for ages 1 to 100.
- Expose more children to the joys of art through school visits and special programs, like our annual African American History Month collaboration;
- Connect area families so they can grow and learn together at Story Time, Family Days, and everyday play in the Beck Family Center;
- Strengthen our community through special events like Thursday Night Live, The Happening, Ironclad Art: The Motorcycle, and Cedarhurst Art and Craft Fair.
- And make the arts accessible to ALL by supporting Free Thursdays year-round.
See Corporate Support or Membership Support for more details.
EVERY DOLLAR MATTERS TO CEDARHURST
HERE ARE JUST A FEW EXAMPLES OF WHAT YOUR DONATION – BIG OR SMALL – CAN DO FOR OUR ANNUAL PROGRAMS:
- Buys one container of Museum Wax, a special archival wax used to secure fragile art objects to a display pedestal
- Buys 1 pack of twistable colored pencils for the Family Education Center
- Buys toilet paper for museum visitors
- Buys books for one of Cedarhurst’s monthly Story Time programs
- Buys hardware for an artist to install a new piece of work
- Buys one weatherproof sculpture park label
- Pays for 1 Shrode Art Center class scholarship. Scholarships are awarded (when available) to children whose families cannot afford the nominal class fees
- Buys 5 new tablecloths for special events and facility rentals
- Buys 1 roll of conservation tape, a special archival tape used to hinge fine art prints, books, or photo mounting
- Buys art materials for 1 Free Family Art program
- Replaces 1 round table for special events and facility rentals
- Buys a new drill for routine maintenance and repairs
- Buys a set of exhibition labels for one of the museum’s temporary exhibits, usually 20 per year
- Pays for one weekly music act during the museum’s Thursday Night Live summer series
- Buys 1 weed trimmer used to keep Cedarhurst’s 90-acre campus well-manicured
- Buys 500 teaching posters distributed to area schools to help teachers incorporate art lessons
- Purchases materials to build 5 new pedestals for artwork display
- Pays judge’s honorarium for one art competition
- Pays for 1 artist residency with area schools
- Pays for grass seed to recover the grounds after the annual Cedarhurst Art and Craft Fair
- Pays shipping to return borrowed artwork
- Pays for a new Creation Station in the Beck Family Center
- Buys new, portable stage for performance art events
- Pays for expenses to secure and install two new temporary sculptures