Join Our Team
Job opportunities at Cedarhurst Center for the Arts require all levels of training, experience, and education for positions in a variety of areas. Cedarhurst is an equal opportunity employer. Check our Facebook page for current and future job postings.
Marketing Associate / Front Line Receptionist
Company: Do you want to work at the most beautiful place in southern Illinois? There’s a lot happening at Cedarhurst Center for the Arts, and we are hiring! The museum is currently accepting applications for a full-time Marketing Associate who can enhance the visitor experience by offering first-rate customer service, both in person and through the museum’s online presence and communications.
Description: Serving as the Marketing Director’s right hand, the Marketing Associate stays informed about the market, industry trends, and the competitive landscape, while helping strategize and implement marketing, branding, and advertising plans. Day to day, the Marketing Associate will maintain and update the organizational website and social media platforms, create and coordinate content, and otherwise support all marketing strategies. This full-time, salaried position reports directly to the Director of Marketing.
- Experience in graphic design, marketing, web management, and/or related fields. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Understanding of online marketing and best practices, including how to obtain measurable outcomes.
- Organizational and time management skills, high energy, and creative initiative.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Preferred experience in writing for social media platforms and in website management.
- Ability to master new technologies.
- Ability to identify potential negative or crisis situations and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Availability to work nights and weekends, as needed.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator
- Web languages (HTML, CSS, etc.) and website management platforms, specifically WordPress
- Shared workspace softwares, specifically Canva and Google Workspace
- Job specific skills include writing for publication, graphic design, and working knowledge of current online and social media marketing tools and trends
Work Hours and Duties
- Typical workweek averages 35 daytime hours. Some weekends and evening hours are required; flex time will be accommodated during the week if needed. The museum is closed on Mondays.
- Work with Director of Marketing to develop, manage, and encourage greater engagement with digital and social media marketing initiatives, including analysis of such efforts.
- Lead the development and maintenance of Cedarhurst’s website and other digital resources and applications, including the pursuit of development of interactive advertising, videos, online educational tools, and mobile applications, all of which should ensure a professional digital presence.
- Monitor digital resources and report errors so as to assure a quality customer experience.
- Maintain high awareness of industry issues and trends and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market.
- Staff the front reception desk and effectively interact with visitors and members to ensure positive experiences, answer questions, and resolve complaints.
- Build a thorough understanding of all levels of membership and current museum programming.
- Conduct point of sale transactions for museum visitors.
This is a full-time salaried position with a range of $32,000 – $35,000, based on experience and credentials.
Cedarhurst offers generous and competitive benefits including health and dental insurance, paid time off, 401K match, professional development opportunities, and a great working environment.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cedarhurst Center for the Arts has a diverse volunteer group. These individuals provide a valuable service by offering their time and talent to support, strengthen and enhance our mission. Duties and time commitment vary according to Museum/ program needs.
Details of specific volunteer needs and a volunteer application will be added to this page in the near future.