The Art of Tattooing
The Art of Tattooing ~ An Introduction to the History of Tattooing and its Evolution as a Fine Art Form ~
Saturday, July 9 | 6:00 – 10:00 pm | Admission: $10 per person | $ 5 Cedarhurst members
Must be 18 to attend | Food Concessions & Cash Bar – featured cocktail
Presented by: Guy Aitchison
6 to 7 pm – Cocktails/cash bar | Shrode Art Center | View tattoo artist Michele Wortman’s oil painting exhibit.
7 to 8 pm – Guy Aitchison presentation | Performance Hall
8 to 10 pm – Mix & Mingle
- See Guy Aitchison’s oil paintings on display in the Performance Hall at Cedarhurst
- Enjoy the ‘live gallery’ of tattooed individuals. Several of Guy and Michele’s ‘art collectors’ will be present. We encourage everyone to show-off their tattoos.
- Have an opportunity to view and purchase a variety of the books they have published, as well as prints of their artwork and merchandise.
- DIY- temporary tattoo station with metallic, glitter and realistic looking temp. tattoos for free
PROGRAM SPONSOR: Toni Smith
– tattoo artist since 1988
– educator in tattoo field since 1992
– involved in countless events, publications and exhibitions
– featured artist in ‘Tattoo’ an art exhibit at the Field Museum, Chicago
– appeared in various TV productions including Tattoo Wars, LA ink and Best Ink
– known for his abstract “Biomechanical” style which he has helped popularize
– gave Rob Zombie his first tattoo in 1989 when he was 21